Easy Purse

 
This is an easy purse I made. I was going to make a Barbie rug then mom said it would be a great purse. It's reversible. I decided to use a ribbon to lace it closed.  
 
 
First I pieced together some black and white scraps. Then I framed my rectangle with piano note fabric. I cut the lining the same measurement. Next I folded both rectangles in half and sewed down the sides remembering to backstitch at the beginning and end. I trimmed the corners off the bottom so it would turn right side out nicely with sharp points. I pinned the ribbon shoulder strap to the wrong side of purse and tucked it in between the lining and outer fabric. With wrong sides together I stitched around the rim leaving a three inch opening to turn it. Then I turned it right sides out, ironed the top edges and topstitched it closed with a decorative stitch all around the rim. Finally I sewed some eyelets and laced it with more ribbon. I added beads to the end of the ribbon.
 
 

Popular posts from this blog

Patchwork Skirt In Progress

Saturday Sewing with the Sisters

Tatjana's Quilt