Emmie's Quilt

My grandma was here last week and she had bought a present for every one but my little sister. One day I directed her to the log cabin quilt shop to look around while we were there she saw some very cute fabric, got it for her, bought some batting and asked me to make a quilt, so I did.

 
Almost done 

My quilting




First I cut out the batting to the same size a the fabric.

Next I lay the batting out with the top part of my quilt over it,and the bottom part over that.

Then I sewed around the edge of the quilt leaving about a five inch hole.

After that I turned I right side out and (hand) sewed the hole shut.

To quilt it I took off the sewing machine foot and did loops all around the quilt. This took a bit of practice but I (THINK) I did well.
 I'm still working on the quilting because I ran out of thread, and I need to do it all over the quilt and four inches apart.

Popular posts from this blog

Patchwork Skirt In Progress

Saturday Sewing with the Sisters

Tatjana's Quilt